[forge-users] Scaffolding in Forge 2.x (was Beta5 next Monday ?)

Lincoln Baxter, III lincolnbaxter at gmail.com
Sat Jan 4 14:11:13 EST 2014

Hey Antonio!

Again, more excellent feedback! Thank you!

First, I really don't see the difference between scaffolding and code
> generation (I've mention that before). So, for me, as a user,
> jpa-new-entity is a command that generates code, just like
> scaffold-generate. But if we clarify this, users might get use to it.

Scaffolding basically is code generation. Right now there is nothing
interactive or re-consumable about it.

Regarding the fact that you weren't able to see anything about JSF. I
believe this is likely due to this issue that we identified in Beta4 and
have fixed and tested for .Final -->
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/FORGE-1407

For example. This is still a bit strange because unless you have multiple
scaffolds installed, you don't see the choice of scaffold type, but when I
run scaffold setup in the latest SNAPSHOT, I see:

*[*jpa-demo*]*$ scaffold-
> scaffold-generate  scaffold-setup
> *[*jpa-demo*]*$ scaffold-setup --facesVersion 2.
> 2.2  2.1  2.0
> *[*jpa-demo*]*$ scaffold-setup --facesVersion 2.2

Additionally, when I type `--provider` manually without using TAB
completion, then TAB complete the value, I do see the provider option, so
there may still be something wrong with the fix for FORGE-1407:

*[*main*]*$ scaffold-setup --provider Faces

~Lincoln

Lincoln Baxter, III
http://ocpsoft.org
"Simpler is better."