[gatein-dev] Skinning multiple portals not working (both /portal and /sample-portal)

Wesley Hales whales at redhat.com
Fri Mar 5 09:52:50 EST 2010

I have successfully set the default skin for /portal using a deployable .war skin and adding it to portal.xml. So next, I installed /sample-portal from examples and tried to set the same skin there as well (and there is no portal.xml to add it to), but it does not work. From looking at the source markup of sample-portal the
<link id="CoreSkin" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="
does not get added to the page.
To get around this, I added mySkin.war (only the name "mySkin") to sample-portal's list of dependency wars in it's configuration.xml. After this, it works, but when I go to the original /portal, then it is not skinned.

So , it looks like there is an issue sharing a single skin archive between 2 seperate portals? or am I missing a new configuration in the sample-portal? btw, I also tried to duplicate my skin, only changing the name of it, and tried to allow both portals to use a separate skin... to no avail.

Thanks for any help on this, I have a presentation next Monday and it would be great to show the flexibility.
Wesley