[gatein-dev] GateIn Public API Preview and call for feedback

Nguyen Anh Kien kienna at exoplatform.com
Thu Jul 19 00:13:59 EDT 2012

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 1:01 AM, Nick Scavelli <nscavell at redhat.com> wrote:

> Fixed and re-created the tag (api-1.0.0.Beta03)
>

> On 07/11/2012 05:29 AM, Julien Viet wrote:
>
> my team reported that API branch does not work well on Tomcat, could you
> fix that ? it's important for testing. thank you.
>
>  Julien Viet
> julienviet.com
>
>  On Monday, July 9, 2012 at 5:38 PM, Boleslaw Dawidowicz wrote:
>
>   We would like to share some early stage of work around GateIn public
> Java APIs.
>
>  Currently it covers mostly all operations around MOP focusing on
> "Navigation Portlet" and "Sites Management" use cases. What is missing and
> mainly excluded at the moment is app registry and page layouts which will
> be covered later.
>
>  Initial draft of the API is released here:
> https://github.com/gatein/gatein-api-java/tree/1.0.0.Beta03
>
>  Javadoc:
> http://gatein.github.com/gatein-api-java/
>
>  Implementation:
>
> https://github.com/nscavell/gatein-portal/tree/api-1.0.0.Beta03/component/api
>
>  We don't have much examples or documentation besides Javadoc and test
> cases at the moment - those will follow.
> In the implementation there is very bare and minimal example of
> NavigationPortlet:
>
> https://github.com/nscavell/gatein-portal/blob/api-1.0.0.Beta03/examples/portlets/api/src/main/java/org/gatein/portal/samples/api/NavigationPortlet.java
>
>  Most of credits go to Nick who has been leading this work past few
> weeks. It also builds on top of previous implementation from Chris and
> Julien. Thanks guys for your hard work!
>
>  Again this is quite an early preview but we wanted to release it for
> review and feedback. Please take a look and comment!
>
>  Bolek

The Navigation and Node API:
To get a node, I must use: *navigation.getNode("foo", "bar", "foobar")*
IMO, we should support get node by URI string param like *
navigation.getNode("foo/bar/foobar")*. Because we often has an URI of node
by node.getURI();.
Also, *removeNode* and *addNode* methods should be the same behaviour.

For a Node, We often has cloneable tasks for node, so it should support
clone() method in Node api

regards,
Kien Nguyen
M&E: (+84) 933.975.960 - kienna at exoplatform.com<kien.nguyen at exoplatform.com>