[hal-release-stream] Using SNAPHOT Versions of Extensions in HAL

Heiko Braun hbraun at redhat.com
Wed Oct 30 10:19:07 EDT 2013

On Oct 21, 2013, at 6:13 PM, Rob Cernich <rcernich at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hey HAL,
>
> I was wondering if there is a process for producing a HAL build which includes a SNAPSHOT version of a particular extension.  For example, how would I incorporate an interim version of the SwitchYard extension into HAL?

Do a snapshot release and send us a PR to update the dependencies?

> For SwitchYard, I could create a Maven module in our release project that builds HAL, but specifies the snapshot version of the SwitchYard extension.  In that case, I'm not sure what version I should specify for HAL.

Depends on the EAP/Wildfly version you target. For anything EAP 6.2.x or WF 8.0.x use the latest release-stream master. It does rely on Core 2.0.x and includes the access control SPI (mandatory).

> That leads to my next question: What happens when SY is released?  The way I understand things is that I would need to release the SY extension, wait for a new release of HAL, then release the SY distribution, which would incorporate the new HAL release (as opposed to the internally build SNAPSHOT module).  Does that sound about right?

Sounds about right yes. Just make sure you pick the right release stream for the HAL console that matches the SY release.

Are there any upcoming releases we assist with?