[hibernate-dev] Hibernate Tools How to Install Plugin?

Christian Bauer christian.bauer at jboss.com
Fri Nov 24 14:06:53 EST 2006

On Nov 24, 2006, at 7:43 PM, Arthur Orange wrote:

> Ok the page http://www.hibernate.org/hib_docs/tools/reference/en/
> html/setup.html
>
> lists such scant docs on how to install hibernate tools that its
> worthless really.
>
> I went to tools.hibernate.org and that didn't work either.
>
> Read up myriad of docs and had to traverse back to Eclipse
> tutorials on how to install a plugin which is supposed to make
> development easier.
>
> This has taken all morning :"How to install Hibernate Tools" and I
> notice I am not the only one apparently people all the way in
> Australia are bitten by the odd desire to make their life easier
> but often find that it just gets more difficult (just the
> installation! for a tool that is supposed to be "interoperable")
>
> I am using IBM Rational Application Developer 6 with 5000 "fixes"
> running on a windows platform. Its based on eclipse so I am hoping
> that it will work.

First, if you go to the Hibernate website, you will find a link to
the right documentation (it's actually the same than the old one you
discovered through some other channel):

http://www.hibernate.org/hib_docs/tools/reference/en/html/
setup.html#d0e23

Second, the requirements clearly say "Eclipse", not "totally broken
IBM stuff". So please contact your IBM sales guy if their software
doesn't work.

Third, you want to go to http://forum.hibernate.org.