[hibernate-dev] Re: JBoss Cache and Hibernate Integration

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Tue Apr 10 07:48:27 EDT 2007

> Long-term:
> In Hibernate - use seperate caches which you have done for 3.3
Not quite true.  What I have done so far is to introduce this
possibility.  What happens right now is that there is only a single
RegionFactory implementation which simply "bridges" to the old
CacheProviders.  Or perhaps what you meant was "separate caches" =
"separate regions", as opposed to "separate cache instances"?
> In JBoss Cache - as it stands now you would have to use differnt
> jbosscache configurations.
> In older versions of JBC you would need different treecache.xml; but
> that has been simplified
> in later JBC's AFAIK - Manik/galder ? Depending on this and wether
> optimistic locking is a global
> or node level-and-down setting users might need some less or more
> complex "writing jbosscache config files
> for hibernate" examples ;)
I think this is going to depend exactly on the different configuration
options/parameters that need to get applied to the cache instances used
by the different Hibernate regions (of course until we have the
capability to natively configure these per region within JBC).