[hibernate-dev] Re: JBoss Cache and Hibernate Integration

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Tue Apr 10 08:07:27 EDT 2007

>> Long-term:
>> In Hibernate - use seperate caches which you have done for 3.3
> Not quite true.  What I have done so far is to introduce this
> possibility.  What happens right now is that there is only a single
> RegionFactory implementation which simply "bridges" to the old
> CacheProviders.  Or perhaps what you meant was "separate caches" =
> "separate regions", as opposed to "separate cache instances"?

I mean to allow for separate behavior/underlying cache for each type of
"things" we need to cache.

 From Hibernate's perspective that requires the changes you have done.

For JBoss Cache that apparently requires more changes ?

>> In JBoss Cache - as it stands now you would have to use differnt
>> jbosscache configurations.
>> In older versions of JBC you would need different treecache.xml; but
>> that has been simplified
>> in later JBC's AFAIK - Manik/galder ? Depending on this and wether
>> optimistic locking is a global
>> or node level-and-down setting users might need some less or more
>> complex "writing jbosscache config files
>> for hibernate" examples ;)
> I think this is going to depend exactly on the different configuration
> options/parameters that need to get applied to the cache instances used
> by the different Hibernate regions (of course until we have the
> capability to natively configure these per region within JBC).

Yes this is a JBC "configuration issue" as far as I understand.
Would just be good to have a somewhat decent default configuration
file/template
to include with hibernate.

Max Rydahl Andersen
callto://max.rydahl.andersen