[hibernate-dev] hibernate-extras

Schuler, Peter Peter.Schuler at ordina.nl
Tue Nov 13 07:19:46 EST 2007

I stand with Michael about introduction of a hibernate-extra jar-file.

I use the DB2400 and 390 dialect a lot and we have had a hard time getting our mainframe sysadmins to allow Hibernate on their precious mainframe. Physically removing these crucial parts to another jar file labelled as "unmaintained and untested" will not help gain their trust.

Is there no other way to get this messages out there without creating another jar-file? Perhaps a list on the Hibernate website? This will also be more flexible in ways of changing the status of "unmaintained and untested" parts.

Just my two cents as do understand the difficulties you are facing in maintaining these parts.

Kind regards,
Peter