[hibernate-dev] Fwd: Please review HHH-2893 and HHH-3059 - what's the wait?

Arjan Veenstra avee-hibernate at xs4all.nl
Wed Jun 11 07:20:35 EDT 2008

On Tuesday 10 June 2008 11:17:38 Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
> > Had a couple of patches sitting in Jira for many months - one since
> > September 07'. Is there anything I can do to speed up the inclusion of
> > these patches?
> >
> > http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/hibernate/browse/HHH-2893
>
> Primary reason: No test case.

It's status is open, not 'Awaiting Testcase'...

> > http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/hibernate/browse/HHH-3059
>
> Primary reason: Lost in the noise.

There are 1227 open issues, that's an amount of noise that is not going to go
away anytime soon...

> > What is the under lying issue here? Does Hibernate need more core
> > committers?
>
> Probably, but we have adding a few lately so i'm seeing alot more bugs
> getting squeeshed lately.
>
> > It seems such a pity to have so many patches sitting in Jira with no
> > one having enough time to look at them...
>
> yes, a luxury problem ,)

Well, that's a bit a simplistic view. I wasted a day because of
http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/hibernate/browse/HHH-1574
And it looks like I'm not the only one. A patch and test case on that issue
apear to have been available since March 2006, yet the bug is still there.

So what is it someone needs to do to get a bug fixed in Hibernate (short of
creating a private fork)?

Arjan Veenstra