[hibernate-dev] Fwd: Please review HHH-2893 and HHH-3059 - what's the wait?

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Wed Jun 11 08:04:07 EDT 2008

>> > http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/hibernate/browse/HHH-2893
>>
>> Primary reason: No test case.
>
> It's status is open, not 'Awaiting Testcase'...

Done.

>> > http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/hibernate/browse/HHH-3059
>>
>> Primary reason: Lost in the noise.
>
> There are 1227 open issues, that's an amount of noise that is not going to go
> away anytime soon...

Yes, not sure what you want us to do. Close them all ? :)

>> > It seems such a pity to have so many patches sitting in Jira with no
>> > one having enough time to look at them...
>>
>> yes, a luxury problem ,)
>
> Well, that's a bit a simplistic view. I wasted a day because of
> http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/hibernate/browse/HHH-1574
> And it looks like I'm not the only one. A patch and test case on that issue
> apear to have been available since March 2006, yet the bug is still there.

You did not mention that issue before.

> So what is it someone needs to do to get a bug fixed in Hibernate (short of
> creating a private fork)?

Several options in no particular order:

Convince a committer that the patch is good and hope they have time to get it fixed.
Get commercial support.
Become a committer yourself.

Anyway I myself is a committer, but currently do not have time to work on the core so
you will need to convince one of the others - sorry.

/max