[hibernate-dev] No successful builds since move to Maven

Sanne Grinovero sanne.grinovero at gmail.com
Thu May 15 07:21:35 EDT 2008

Most esteemed developers,

I was developing some patches for Hibernate Search but as I work on it on my own
I don't have much time for it; currently some problems about the move to Maven
have completely killed my productivity.

I have found some reference on your website;
The maven guide looks good: http://www.hibernate.org/422.html
but l would appreciate some more information for the eclipse users.
(are you all IDEA users?)

Specifically I have difficulty to understand how to set the correct JDK:

A) cache-jbosscache2 requires JDK5 (for many reasons)

B) org.hibernate.test.ops.MergeTest requires JDK5, as it is using
autoboxing  since commit 14610.

C) core is needing jdk1.4, but if I use JDK5 to fix A&B it doesn't
compile because
BlobImpl, ResultSetWrapper, SerializableBlob should implement new
methods that were added in the latest interface versions.

So I didn't understand how other developers are having their project compile;
should I try setting a "mixed JDK" environment? Looks ugly.
Is it possible these problems are related to some maven setting I got wrong?

Currently I disabled jbosscache2, changed the source code of MergeTest
and switched to JDK1.4,
but would like to hear you opinion about it.
Also I actually need jbosscache2 :-(

thanks in advance,