[hibernate-dev] No successful builds since move to Maven

Hardy Ferentschik hibernate at ferentschik.de
Thu May 15 13:03:37 EDT 2008

Hi Sanne,

I just updated core to the latest and ran 'mvn clean install'. Everything
worked fine. Admittedly I had to disable
the doc profile in the master pom, because the docbook generation failed,
but that's a different issue. I am using maven 2.0.9 and JDK 1.5.0_06.

Maybe someone can make sense of the exception I get during documentation
generation:

[INFO] [jdocbook:translate {execution: default}]
[INFO] Processing translation [fr-FR]
[INFO]
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] unable to obtain appropriate runtime environment
CreateProcess: po2xml
D:\hibernate\core\documentation\manual\src\main\docbook\en-US\content\association_
mapping.xml
D:\hibernate\core\documentation\manual\src\main\docbook\fr-FR\content\association_mapping.po
  error=2
[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
org.jboss.maven.shared.process.ExecutionException: unable to obtain
appropriate runtime environment
Caused by: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess: po2xml
D:\hibernate\core\documentation\manual\src\main\docbook\en-US\content\association_mapping.xml
D:\Hardy\work\hibernate\core\documentation\manual\src\main\docbook\fr-FR\content\association_mapping.po
error=2

Do your Hibernate Search changes effect the core as well? With the latest
changes you don't have compile the core
anymore to build Hibernate Search. All the dependencies are managed with
ivy. Of course if your patches effect the core you will have to still do
it ;-) JDK5 should be fine though.

--Hardy