[hibernate-dev] Move of Annotations and EntityManager into Core

Hardy Ferentschik hibernate at ferentschik.de
Wed Nov 5 05:07:12 EST 2008

On Wed, 05 Nov 2008 10:23:00 +0100, Juraci Costa <jcosta at redhat.com> wrote:

> ----- "Emmanuel Bernard" <emmanuel at hibernate.org> escreveu:
>> Cool
>> On the other hand now I have to suffer Maven. So not so cool.
>
> By the way, are we considering, even remotely, moving away from Maven? I
> mean, this is probably not feasible in short term, but there are good
> options today that are worth an evaluation.

I don't think that a move from maven is on the table right now. For that it
just took too much effort to actually get there.

Personally, I doubt that there will ever be a built tool which will make
everyone
happy. There are as many opinions as tools. I think for now we have to
make the best
of what we have.

Knowing that I might open pandora's box now - what alternatives are you
talking about?
I assume you are not referring to ant/ivy.

--Hardy