[hibernate-dev] Envers in Hibernate

Elias Ross genman at noderunner.net
Wed Oct 22 18:17:42 EDT 2008

I can see the confusion. Hibernate has a similar annotation for
optimistic locking which nearly matches "Versioned" in Envers.

Some "Version"-free class naming ideas:

RevisionListener
VersionsReader -> RevisionReader | HistoryReader
Classes
DefaultRevisionEntity
VersionsReaderFactory -> RevisionReaderFactory | HistoryReaderFactory
Enums
ModificationStore
RevisionType
Annotation Types
RevisionEntity
RevisionNumber
RevisionTimestamp
SecondaryVersionsTable -> SecondaryRevisionsTable | SecondaryHistoryTable
SecondaryVersionsTables
Unversioned -> Unrevised | Untracked ?
Versioned -> Revised | Historical
VersionsJoinTable -> RevisionJoinTable | HistoryJoinTable
VersionsTable -> RevisionTable  | HistoryTable

Envers -> Enrise -> Enhist ?