[hibernate-dev] what's going on jboss.org???

Elhanan Maayan elh.mailgate at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 16:47:27 EDT 2009

thanks, i've read only half of it and i'll explain why. we had not gotten to
actually recovering from a transaction for simple reason that we are unable
to actually create one. as soon as we begin a transaction, we get 2
different  jdbc data sources to oracle under a stateless session ejb, when
we use the 2nd getConnection jboss hangs for a half a minute, and then bombs
with unable to enlist data source exception. we tried to walk though the
debugger and it seems somethings during the lock of a transaction, (we used
jboss 4.2.0 which uses jbossjta 4.2.3 sp3 which we didn't have the source
code for, so now we are trying jboss 4.2.3 which uses jbossjta 4.2.3 sp7
which we do have sources for)
before the exception occurs we see 2 warnings from arjuna i18logger about
multiple threads, it seems the transaction is aborting (but never got to the
code that actually aborted it).
the same code worked btw on websphere 6.1
i've seen somewhere that you could use a property called something like
allowMultipleResources in jbossjta.properties file , but that didn't work as
well.

this reminded me of the case in jboss 3.2.5, we used spring 1.2.8 to get jta
transaction, but each time we actually got a transaction it was already
"dead" because of a time out,even though we just got it from begin
transaction method.