[hibernate-dev] trunk project layout

Galder Zamarreno galder.zamarreno at redhat.com
Fri Sep 11 08:18:35 EDT 2009

On 09/11/2009 02:07 PM, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
> In the words of Arnaud (commenter on the blog), isn't the GateIn
> approach what you want ?
>
> 1 project with submodules, all have the same version thus the parent is
> the reactor ?
>
> btw. I remember we initially did this parent were put in a dir on its
> own to make eclipse
> happy - that is not really a concern anymore since later eclipse
> versions can handle
> having a root project and just exclude the directories that are also
> projects in Eclipse terminology.

A side note here, how do you add that excludes? Do you have to do it
manually? Or does Eclipse do it automatically? I've found searching
annoying cos it finds two copies, the copy from the parent project and
the copy in the eclipse project itself.

> /max
>
> Steve Ebersole wrote:
>> I am not happy with the way hibernate is built currently (see
>> http://in.relation.to/12116.lace for part of the details).
>>
>> One thing I do not like currently is the way "release related" stuff and
>> "code" are mixed.  To me, I'd really prefer that "release" be something
>> that was a separate "lifecycle" (to borrow the Maven terminology) on the
>> root project where we ran the jdocbook plugin and generally built the SF
>> release assemblies.
>>
>> Anyway, I wanted to throw the idea out there to get feedback and see
>> what suggestions folks have.

Galder Zamarreño
Sr. Software Engineer
Infinispan, JBoss Cache