[hibernate-dev] solidDB Hibernate dialect ?

Niall DOWNEY niall.downey at ie.ibm.com
Fri Apr 16 11:48:20 EDT 2010

Hi Chris,
thanks for the info. Is it just a case of checking out the latest Test
Suite code from CVS and running what are probably JUnit tests ?. Is there
anything else we need to do or be aware of ?.

Regards,

Niall

IBM Ireland Information Services Limited registered in Ireland with number
97537.  Registered office: Oldbrook House, 24-32 Pembroke Road,
Ballsbridge, Dublin 4

             Chris Bredesen
             <cbredesen at redhat
             Sent by:                  hibernate-dev at lists.jboss.org
             hibernate-dev-bou                                          cc
             nces at lists.jboss.
             org                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [hibernate-dev] solidDB
                                       Hibernate dialect ?
             16/04/2010 16:25

On 04/15/2010 07:39 AM, Niall DOWNEY wrote:
> Hi All,
> I work for IBM and we are investigating adding our solidDB dialect to the
> existing set in Hibernate. Can someone tell me how we go about this and
who
> should we talk to ?.
>
> Apologies if this is off-topic but it was suggested in the "Hibernate
> Users" forum that I try posting here.

I'd start by filing a JIRA against Hibernate Core:

http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/hibernate/

Attach your Dialect to the issue.  Run the test suite against your
dialect and learn what works and what doesn't.  The best thing we can do
for users of a Dialect is set expectations about known issues.

Hope this helps,

Chris (who has little/no say in what gets included, just trying to help)