[hibernate-dev] taking timings

Hardy Ferentschik hibernate at ferentschik.de
Wed Jul 7 11:38:41 EDT 2010

Thanks for the tip with japex and  byteman (know I know what you can do
with it - always wondered)

In my case perf4j seems still to be the better fit. I am not trying to do
a one time profiling, but
rather implement a built-in component which can be queried for example via
JMX. Very much like the Statistics
bean/class in Core.

Given that I am not happy with everything in perf4j, I'll probably go with
Emmanuel's recommendation
and implement my own stuff maybe with some inspiration from perf4j :)

--Hardy