[hibernate-dev] HSEARCH 3.3 alpha / M1

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Thu Jul 22 04:17:45 EDT 2010

Hey guys,
The folks at Infinispan want us to cut a release of Hibernate Search.
We have a couple of choice:
 - say no but that's not really being team players ;)
 - cut an alpha release and not advertise it
 - cut a release and advertise it
 - cut a milestone 1 and advertise it

The code is stable (bug-wise): I'm not concerned about bugs very much but the release lacks a couple of things:
 - some of the SearchFactory API changes I have done are not dry yet and will possibly change
 - there is no documentation on the new stuffs (DSL, new (im)mutable API

http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/hibernate/browse/HSEARCH-563
http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/hibernate/browse/HSEARCH-564

I'm leaning towards the alpha release to get the code to the Infinispan team right away but we should do a beta release quite soon afterwards with HSEARCH-563 and HSEARCH-564 resolved.

WDYT?

PS: I should be the one documenting these changes but if anybody has time to take that off me, that would be cool as I am on the critical path here.