[hibernate-dev] HSEARCH 3.3 alpha / M1

Sanne Grinovero sanne.grinovero at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 08:48:11 EDT 2010

2010/7/22 Emmanuel Bernard <emmanuel at hibernate.org>:
> Hey guys,
> The folks at Infinispan want us to cut a release of Hibernate Search.
> We have a couple of choice:
>  - say no but that's not really being team players ;)
>  - cut an alpha release and not advertise it
>  - cut a release and advertise it
>  - cut a milestone 1 and advertise it

All good for me, but I likely missed the reason for Infinispan folks
to ask for this, is it to fast forward the query module?

> The code is stable (bug-wise): I'm not concerned about bugs very much but the release lacks a couple of things:
>  - some of the SearchFactory API changes I have done are not dry yet and will possibly change
>  - there is no documentation on the new stuffs (DSL, new (im)mutable API
>
> http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/hibernate/browse/HSEARCH-563
> http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/hibernate/browse/HSEARCH-564
>
> I'm leaning towards the alpha release to get the code to the Infinispan team right away but we should do a beta release quite soon afterwards with HSEARCH-563 and HSEARCH-564 resolved.
>
> WDYT?
>
> PS: I should be the one documenting these changes but if anybody has time to take that off me, that would be cool as I am on the critical path here.

I'm finding myself with on the critical path of many projects too,
sorry I won't be able to help much.
You might get some help from here if you could spend some time to give
good directions:
https://forum.hibernate.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1005831