[hibernate-dev] Default entity's data access

Hardy Ferentschik hibernate at ferentschik.de
Thu Jun 24 04:56:35 EDT 2010

Hi Dmitry,

for JPA 2 the official reference is the final version of the JSR 317 (see
also http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence/orm_2_0.xsd)

The spec dedicates a whole paragraph about the default access type using
using annotations, but I could
not find anything regarding the default access type using orm.xml only. It
seems it is up to
the implementor to decide on the the default. Why would you consider
'property' access to be the wrong default?

In any case, you can enforce a specific access type in xml using one of
the many ways to explicitly set
the access type, for example <persistence-unit-defaults>

--Hardy