[hibernate-dev] beginners have an hard time to help themselves

Hardy Ferentschik hibernate at ferentschik.de
Tue Nov 16 06:34:25 EST 2010

I am wondering how much luck you would have with searching for "Getting
Started" in  any
other long running project. It is just the wrong search. It is ways to
generic.

As you pointed out in your reply to the forum post, the best place to
start is the Getting Started Guide.
Assuming I would be new to Hibernate my first step would be to go to
http://hibernate.org
There I would see the documentation link and from there is is one more
click to the
Getting Started guides. I think that is not too bad. Not to mention the
"Getting Started"
navigation on the right hand side.

Of course we have to continue the current rework of the documentation.
Maybe we could also have a "Hibernate in 5 minutes". That seems trendy
these days.

Having a sticky topic on the forum referring to the documentation on
hibernate.org is
also a good idea. However, I don't think a new Forum will help. In the
long run it would also
not return any useful hints for queries of the forum "getting started"

Well, that were my 0.02$

--Hardy