[hibernate-dev] Hibernate Core is now using Git

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Fri Oct 8 07:02:37 EDT 2010

Bear in mind too though that the git clone operation is *much* faster than the
corresponding svn checkout.

Simply having all the modules "there" will not force Maven to do anything.
Maven *always* uses the version of dependencies from the repo.  So unless you
run install on the core module you just got, running the tests in testsuite
will use the previously built one from the repo (or repo cache more likely
here i guess).

Steve Ebersole <steve at hibernate.org>
http://hibernate.org