[hibernate-dev] HSEARCH Serialization protocol ready for trunk

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Sat Aug 6 08:31:28 EDT 2011

I'm done with the serialization protocol. At least, it's in a good shape and should be integrated with trunk

It uses Avro and is now integrated with both JGroups and JMS backends.

I've abstracted Avro from our serialization logic so we can write alternative prototypes. I'd be interested to see a Protocol Buffer alternative for example. If anyone is interested, check out SerializationProvider and it's inplementation AvroSerializationProvider

Not everything is polished, I've created a list of follow up issues to be fixed before 4.0. https://hibernate.onjira.com/browse/HSEARCH-757
These a good candidates for community contribution.

I have one minor question
Should hibernate.search.jms.indexNameProperty that be part of the protocol or left separate like today?

I'll send a pull request in the next few minutes

Emmanuel