[hibernate-dev] HSEARCH Serialization protocol ready for trunk

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Sat Aug 6 08:36:05 EDT 2011

I forgot to say that

Our avro serializer is slower (1.6) than Java serialization esp when the VM is not warm (small loop value like = 1000
In evens up on longer loops like 100000

Our avro serializer is slower (2.5) than Java serialization esp when the VM is not warm (small loop value like = 1000
In evens up or beats the Java serialization on longer loops like 100000

However, Avro's message is half the size and there are some room for improvement.