[hibernate-dev] Hibernate Filters and EntityManager.find

Jason Clawson jclawson at qualys.com
Thu Dec 1 18:30:37 EST 2011

I found the bug for the multitenency you described in 4.x:
https://hibernate.onjira.com/browse/HHH-6054.  There is a comment on there
from Damien Hollis which describes one of the scenarios we face and have
solved with filters + persistence listeners.  (I would like to note that
our solution is automatic based on an object type inheritance -> filter
binding... where a filter in our world encompasses a hibernate filter, and
a PrePersist and PostLoad listener)

I think the view you have on what constitutes a multitenent environment is
too narrow.  There are a great deal more situations to support and I think
many other companies face these issues as we and Damien are.  Damien's
situation can be solved by what we are doing with filters / persistence
listeners.  It can be solved better, and more completely, if filters were
active on em.find calls.