[hibernate-dev] Avoid need for bidirectional relations in Search

Hardy Ferentschik hardy at hibernate.org
Wed Dec 7 09:30:12 EST 2011

On Dec 7, 2011, at 3:18 PM, Sanne Grinovero wrote:

>  nor if it's possible at all

I guess the question is whether there is a generic way to find the entities which contain a certain entity.
Maybe we could even do that via Lucene!?

> but we aren't lazy right?

Of course not ;-) Not saying that we shouldn't investigate it.

> and I don't see
> why we should require to define relations redundantly on both
> entities.

Because in so many cases it just makes sense to have bidirectional associations. Often the use of
uni-directional association is based on some not required "minimalistic thinking"

--Hardy