[hibernate-dev] LazyInitializationException logs as error

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Thu Jul 7 19:10:43 EDT 2011

In LazyInitializationException's constructor, we do log as error the exception and its stack trace. While not extremely common[1][2], there are cases in Hibernate Search engine where we catch the exception and ignore it on purpose. These ERROR level logs are scaring and polluting.

Question, would anyone object be ok if I decrease the ERROR level to TRACE? When people chase non loaded collections they could activate TRACE to chase them down.

Emmanuel

[1] http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/hibernate/browse/HSEARCH-385
[2] http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/hibernate/browse/HSEARCH-386