[hibernate-dev] discussion about impact of using TransactionSynchronizationRegistry in AS7...

Scott Marlow smarlow at redhat.com
Wed Jun 1 15:55:45 EDT 2011

I posted a message on the as7-dev ml
(http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/jboss-as7-dev/2011-May/002254.html),
about switching to use the TransactionSynchronizationRegistry.

Do any Hibernate projects currently register Transaction synchronization
objects? Do they currently register synchronizations via
TransactionSynchronizationRegistry (TSR)?  I already know the answer for
Hibernate 4.0 core (integration code can influence either interface to
be used (TX or TSR)).

I'm trying to get a sense for, what would happen if container managed
(AS7) session beans were registered with the active JTA transaction via
the TSR.

If AS7 switches to use the TSR, I think that Hibernate might need to
ensure that it doesn't attempt to register with the TX too late.

See http://pastie.org/1836698 for an example of what would happen if a
TSR synchronization object is already present and someone tries to
register a TX synchronization after tx.commit has been started.

I cross posted a similar message on Infinispan-dev for input...

Thanks,
Scott