[hibernate-dev] packages

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Tue Aug 28 15:49:05 EDT 2012

Following a discussion about this on the dev IRC I did a little bit of
this work today.

See:
1)
http://transcripts.jboss.org/channel/irc.freenode.org/%23hibernate-dev/2012/%23hibernate-dev.2012-08-28.log.html
2) https://hibernate.onjira.com/browse/HHH-7556

The first step was moving all BootstrapServiceRegistry related code to
a new package org.hibernate.boot.registry

I moved the rest of service defined under org.hibernate.service (that
package is meant for the infrastructure around services and registries,
not for services themselves).   Quite a lot of them got moved to
org.hibernate.engine.  For now.  There was a discussion on IRC about
getting rid of that package level altogether as it really seems to
serve no purpose.

Also, there was some initial discussion about moving the API aspects of
building a org.hibernate.metamodel.Metadata instance to that
org.hibernate.boot package as well (since building the Metadata and
registry references are the bulk of the boot API).

steve at hibernate.org
http://hibernate.org