[hibernate-dev] Regression in AS7 (master) cluster cache invalidation test after moving from Hibernate ORM 4.1.6 to 4.1.9

Scott Marlow smarlow at redhat.com
Fri Dec 14 00:03:24 EST 2012

http://hudson.jboss.org/hudson/job/as7-param-pull/5123/ shows a failure
with the second level cache not being invalidated as expected across a
two node cluster.

I'm able to reproduce locally, which is good.  We will continue to use
Hibernate 4.1.6 until we get past this regression (hopefully we can
understand the test failure cause soon).

https://github.com/jbossas/jboss-as/blob/master/testsuite/integration/clust/src/test/java/org/jboss/as/test/clustering/cluster/ejb3/xpc/StatefulWithXPCFailoverTestCase.java#L276
is the line that is failing (yeah, the arguments to assertEquals are
backwards but that isn't the root issue ;)

It is possible that its a bug in the test also.

The cluster has two nodes, each with their own in-memory database.  The
test assumes that it can create the same entity on both nodes (same
primary key) and that for the purpose of testing the second level cache,
we can expect cache invalidation to occur on both nodes when deleting
the entity on one of the nodes.

I believe that the cache invalidation should be synchronous but I'll
probably try adding a sleep to see if it could be an async/timing issue.

I hope to have more information soon (probably in the morning on Friday).

Scott