[hibernate-dev] Minor issues/questions about Hibernate Core/ORM documentation

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Fri Jan 13 08:07:42 EST 2012

On 01/13/2012 01:58 AM, Hardy Ferentschik wrote:

>> I agree, we should do a redirect.  I had not planned on changing the physical dir until 4.1 as that is when the new docs would be getting used.  6 in one... if you feel the itch, go for it.
>
> Changing the directory name is easy. For the redirects we will need "service desk" to give us a hand (afaik).

If we use redirects specifically, yeah.  The other option is to use
symlinks.

> Speaking of re-directs, I thought I change the stable link, but realized that we might need some more redirects.
> Currently the main URL looks like this:
>
> http://docs.jboss.org/hibernate/stable/core/reference/en-US/html_single/
>
> In 4.0 the main docs are in 'manual' so the URL would be
>
> http://docs.jboss.org/hibernate/stable/core/manual/en-US/html_single/
>
> Do we want to stick with 'manual'? If so we might want to consider another redirect. Or we just
> rename manual to reference. Was the directory rename intentional?

Well we currently have 4 docs uploaded.  That needs to get whittled down
to 2.  'manual' specifically points to doc that will be going away.  I
think for "stable", we are only ever really going to be able to
guarantee up to that point in the path in terms of book-marking.
Anything else "below" that is too dependent on the specific versions.
In fact we maybe want(ed) "current" instead of "stable"

The other thing I noticed is core/orm.  This rename is creeping up in a
lot of places ;)

steve at hibernate.org
http://hibernate.org