[hibernate-dev] Problem with Infinispan 5.1.5 with Hibernate version 3.6.10.

thomas fuller thomas.fuller at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 06:05:05 EDT 2012

Hi Folks,

I am using Infinispan 5.1.5 on Grails 2.1.0, which ships with Hibernate
3.6.10.

The problem I am having is that the exception below indicates that an
attempt is being made to load org/hibernate/cache/spi/RegionFactory, which
is included in Hibernate 4.0.0, whereas Grails 2.1.0 ships with Hibernate
version 3.6.10 which includes the class org.hibernate.cache.RegionFactory.

Is there a way to configure Infinispan such that it can work with Hibernate
version 3.6.10?

If the answer is "no", I suspect the reason would be that the custom
InfinispanRegionFactory has not been written. Can you let me know if you
are aware of anyone currently writing this, because if nobody is, I'll
write it myself.

Thanks for your help,

Tom

bean with name 'transactionManager': Cannot resolve reference to bean
'sessionFactory' while setting bean property 'sessionFactory'; nested
exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error
creating bean with name 'sessionFactory': Invocation of init method failed;
nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/hibernate/cache/spi/RegionFactory
     at
     at
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)