[hibernate-dev] schema export question

Hardy Ferentschik hardy at hibernate.org
Fri Jul 27 06:35:15 EDT 2012

Hi,

I am trying to write some tests related to schema constraints application in conjunction with Bean Validation.
In this context I came across org.hibernate.tool.hbm2ddl.Exporter which is atm a package visible interface.
I was wondering whether it would make sense to make is a public interface and add a setter to SchemaExport in
order to provide a custom exporter. This way I could get hold of the created sql and use it in my tests.

On a side note, org.hibernate.tool.hbm2ddl.ScriptExporter uses System.out. Should it not use the logger instead?

Thoughts?

--Hardy