[hibernate-dev] master->metamodel and matrix/test consolidation

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Fri Jun 8 09:20:48 EDT 2012

I am done with consolidating src/matrix into src/test and merging master
into metamodel.  Everything seems to be working.  Let me know if you see
any issues.

I did need to adjust the "matrix plugin" a little bit.  We should talk
about testing as it relates to the database matric a little more and
specifically how we want this to work.  We have been using the the
"dynamic task" approach for quite some time now.  Curious how everyone
likes/dislikes it now after using it in anger for the last months.

The one main thing that changed in the plugin is that there is no longer
a notion of a "matrix unit test".  `gradle test` simply runs all the
tests using the default database (h2) for any tests that need a
database.   Then there are the "matrix test tasks" that perform the test
using the requested database.  I did not alter those task names.
However, running one of those "matrix test tasks" no longer runs the
[test] task (default database) as a task dependency.

steve at hibernate.org
http://hibernate.org