[hibernate-dev] master->metamodel and matrix/test consolidation

Hardy Ferentschik hardy at hibernate.org
Fri Jun 8 09:49:45 EDT 2012

On Jun 8, 2012, at 3:20 PM, Steve Ebersole wrote:

> I am done with consolidating src/matrix into src/test and merging master
> into metamodel.  Everything seems to be working.  Let me know if you see
> any issues.

Nice. I checkout out the metamodel branch and all builds fine.
You seem to have chosen the merge path for the integration. Is this what we are going to do in
the future as well (merging instead of rebasing)?

OOI, was it hard to merge? Many conflicts? It should have been straight forward, right?

> I did need to adjust the "matrix plugin" a little bit.  We should talk
> about testing as it relates to the database matric a little more and
> specifically how we want this to work.  We have been using the the
> "dynamic task" approach for quite some time now.  Curious how everyone
> likes/dislikes it now after using it in anger for the last months.

I like the dynamic task approach or at least never had any problems w/ it. IMO it is one
of the nicer features of Gradle. What anger are you talking about?

> The one main thing that changed in the plugin is that there is no longer
> a notion of a "matrix unit test".  `gradle test` simply runs all the
> tests using the default database (h2) for any tests that need a
> database.   Then there are the "matrix test tasks" that perform the test
> using the requested database.  I did not alter those task names.
> However, running one of those "matrix test tasks" no longer runs the
> [test] task (default database) as a task dependency.

sounds reasonable

--Hardy