[hibernate-dev] master->metamodel and matrix/test consolidation

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Fri Jun 8 10:45:35 EDT 2012

On Fri 08 Jun 2012 08:49:45 AM CDT, Hardy Ferentschik wrote:

> Nice. I checkout out the metamodel branch and all builds fine.
> You seem to have chosen the merge path for the integration. Is this what we are going to do in
> the future as well (merging instead of rebasing)?

Well that's what we decided during the meeting yesterday.  Yes we will
continue to merge master->metamodel as needed.  We will do a rebase
when we are ready for final (re)integration.

> OOI, was it hard to merge? Many conflicts? It should have been straight forward, right?

No, it wasn't too bad.  There were 20 or so files in conflict.

> I like the dynamic task approach or at least never had any problems w/ it. IMO it is one
> of the nicer features of Gradle. What anger are you talking about?

Using something in anger is just a phrase.  Actually surprised you have
never heard it before.  Anyway, it just means to have used something in
earnest on  an ongoing basis.  The idea is that lots of things are
"great and easy to use" in early phases and/or prototyping.

steve at hibernate.org
http://hibernate.org