[hibernate-dev] Micro Jiras

Hardy Ferentschik hardy at hibernate.org
Thu Mar 1 11:18:27 EST 2012

Hi,

I noticed that recently we create a lot of "micro" jira issues (just as an example "missing ; in class xyz").
Most issues are related to the current metamodel work. I am wondering how useful that is?

The metamodel is under heavy development and I think liras should stay on a functional level,
eg "Implement collection binding", etc. Imagine what's going to happen once we start running the existing
integration tests against the new metamodel. We will have to change things left, right and center. Does it make
sense to create Jira issues for each change? I don't think so.

Also, Jira is not only used by us, but also by our users. They see the resolved Jiras in the change log
and they also use Jira to find out whether bugs see experience are already reported. Having all these
micro issues does make this harder imo.

Is it just me feeling this way?

--Hardy