[hibernate-dev] byteman

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Thu Mar 22 05:47:08 EDT 2012

On 22 March 2012 09:31, Hardy Ferentschik <hardy at hibernate.org> wrote:

> On Mar 20, 2012, at 1:27 PM, Steve Ebersole wrote:
>
>> I am curious Strong why you explicitly handle classes.jar (apparently
>> for MacOS) when it is already handled?
>
> Right, I think we should get away w/ just
>
>        toolsJar = file("${System.getProperty('java.home')}/../lib/tools.jar")
>
> At least for Linux and Mac. I tried it and it works (for Mac)
>
> That said, I am having the following problem:
>
> Could not resolve all dependencies for configuration ':hibernate-infinispan:testCompile'.
>> Artifact 'org.infinispan:infinispan-core:5.1.2.FINAL:tests at jar' not found.
>
> I already deleted .gradle and did a full rebuild, no success. I am going to delete ~.gradle as well now,
> but otherwise I don't know what to do. Anyone else seeing this problem?

The jar seems to be correctly uploaded:
https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/groups/public-jboss/org/infinispan/infinispan-core/5.1.2.FINAL/

But I get your same error when running tests:

* What went wrong:
Could not resolve all dependencies for configuration
':hibernate-infinispan:testCompile'.
> Artifact 'org.infinispan:infinispan-core:5.1.2.FINAL:tests at jar' not found.

This is what I see with --debug:

09:40:38.664 [DEBUG]
[org.gradle.api.internal.artifacts.repositories.ResourceCollectionResolver]
09:40:38.665 [DEBUG]
[org.gradle.api.internal.artifacts.repositories.ResourceCollectionResolver]
Resource not reachable for org/infinispan#infinispan-core;5.1.2.FINAL:
res=/home/sanne/.m2/repository/org/infinispan/infinispan-core/5.1.2.FINAL/infinispan-core-5.1.2.FINAL-tests.jar

Indeed, that file is not there. The normal jar (not _test_) is there
already, in this case gradle is not attempting to download the
-tests.jar

Deleting the whole artifact directory:
/.m2/repository/org/infinispan/infinispan-core/5.1.2.FINAL/i

got gradle to download the tests artifact as well, and fixed the problem for me.

It looks like this problem is triggered if you build Core first
without running tests - which will download the Infinispan core jar -
but without running the tests: then it will fail if running tests
after that.

Cheers,
Sanne