[hibernate-dev] [HSEARCH] Worker Configuration

Andrej Golovnin golovnin at gmx.net
Mon May 7 17:01:34 EDT 2012

Hi Hardy,

> thanks for pointing this out. This is really a bug in the code rather than a documentation error.
> I created
> https://hibernate.onjira.com/browse/HSEARCH-1118
>  to track the issue. There will
> be a 4.1.1 release shortly which will include a fix for the issue.

Thanks!

> Out of interest though, what is your use case for a custom scope and what is your custom
> implementation doing?

Our custom implementation is based on TransactionalWorker. We have a requirement
to specify the index base by a system property. I see that in the current Hibernate
Search it is possible to do it by using the system property "indexBase"
(s. DirectoryProviderHelper#INDEX_BASE_PROP_NAME). It would be nice if you could
change this property to "hibernate.search.indexBase" and may be document it.
We have also had in our implementation what you name "Conditional Indexing". But
it was removed last year or so as we don't need it any more. And our implementation
does not produce messages if it creates directories for indexes. I'm personally not
interested in the fact that Hibernate Search creates some directories (btw. IMHO it should
be logged with info level and not warning. in other case we must configure nagios to
ignore this warnings.). For me it is pretty useless information.

Best regards,
Andrej Golovnin