[hibernate-dev] [HSEARCH] Worker Configuration

Hardy Ferentschik hardy at hibernate.org
Tue May 8 04:33:24 EDT 2012

On May 7, 2012, at 11:54 PM, Sanne Grinovero wrote:

>> And our implementation
>> does not produce messages if it creates directories for indexes. I'm personally not
>> interested in the fact that Hibernate Search creates some directories (btw. IMHO it should
>> be logged with info level and not warning. in other case we must configure nagios to
>> ignore this warnings.). For me it is pretty useless information.
>
> Fair enough, I guess it was initially expected that someone out there
> would have prepared the directories correctly, but I agree let's
> change that to INFO. Could you open a JIRA, and maybe you could patch
> the code and send a pull request?

I am not quite sure which message we are talking about concretely, but I just wanted to say that you
can configure the log level for each single class. You don't have to provide a custom implementation
just because you don't like the logging in the default implementation.

This does not mean that I am against changing the log level. Just thought it might be worse mentioning.

As Sanne said, thanks for the feedback :-)

--Hardy