[hibernate-dev] improved Eclipse project support

Gunnar Morling gunnar at hibernate.org
Tue Apr 16 03:54:30 EDT 2013

2013/4/15 Steve Ebersole <steven.ebersole at gmail.com>

> I am not touching this :)
>
> I think I have explained this 198,052 times thus far lol

I must have missed this then. Or I was not yet part of the team at that
time.

> https://community.jboss.org/**wiki/GradleWhy<https://community.jboss.org/wiki/GradleWhy>see #4

Thanks for the link.

I get the reasoning about Maven's "one artifact" rule and the need for
re-usable test code. But now that we use Gradle, wouldn't it be possible to
move the things from hibernate-testng back to hibernate-core and built two
JARs with the different contents from there? To me, a circular dependency
between two modules always seems a bit suspicious, also if it is doable
with Gradle, turning off warnings in the IDE etc.

Btw. also Maven supports this particular use case of creating a main JAR
and a JAR with re-usable test infrastructure [1]. We e.g. make use of this
in HV.

--Gunnar

[1] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-jar-plugin/test-jar-mojo.html

>>> http://in.relation.to/**Bloggers/**ImprovedEclipseProjectSupportF**