[hibernate-dev] Retrospective on "Pull Requests": a waste of time?

Hardy Ferentschik hardy at hibernate.org
Wed Jul 10 08:12:15 EDT 2013

> Option A, you rework that logic as part of the spatial feature PR. I am
> claiming that this is breaking the flow of getting spatial out the doors
> unnecessarily.
>
> Option B, the reviewer comment is converted in a JIRA that can be
> addressed as soon as the spatial query is pushed to master.
>
> Option C, the reviewer must shut up and only comment on the core PR
> feature.

The options are correct, but why do you want to make a decision on which one
to take. That's were for me the discussion comes in. The reviewer discusses with
the creator of the pull request what the best plan of action is. The solution might be
A, B or C. I just don't see to make a decision beforehand.

--Hardy