[hibernate-dev] Retrospective on "Pull Requests": a waste of time?

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Wed Jul 10 08:27:59 EDT 2013

On Wed 2013-07-10 14:12, Hardy Ferentschik wrote:

> > Option A, you rework that logic as part of the spatial feature PR. I am
> > claiming that this is breaking the flow of getting spatial out the doors
> > unnecessarily.
> >
> > Option B, the reviewer comment is converted in a JIRA that can be
> > addressed as soon as the spatial query is pushed to master.
> >
> > Option C, the reviewer must shut up and only comment on the core PR
> > feature.
>
> The options are correct, but why do you want to make a decision on which one
> to take. That's were for me the discussion comes in. The reviewer discusses with
> the creator of the pull request what the best plan of action is. The solution might be
> A, B or C. I just don't see to make a decision beforehand.

You asked for what breaking the flow meant for me and question the
willingness to get feedback. I used a specific example to illustrate
what it meant for me and how I would have handled the problem in that
situation. That's it :) I'm not trying to create rules, there are
already enough I have already forgotten.