[hibernate-dev] [Search] Why is global @AnalyzerDefs scanning limited to @Entity?

Hardy Ferentschik hardy at hibernate.org
Fri Jun 21 08:35:48 EDT 2013

On 21 Jan 2013, at 2:26 PM, Guillaume Smet <guillaume.smet at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 12:17 PM, Sanne Grinovero <sanne at hibernate.org> wrote:
>> Guillaume, could you clarify the use case once more? I am assuming it
>> was all about a cleaner code organization; in that case wouldn't it be
>> enough to specify a single class to be scanned for the global analyzer
>> definitions?
>
> You assume correctly.
>
> Our core library doesn't contain any entity and I want to declare the
> @AnalyzerDefs in this library to be able to use them everywhere.

Again, I still don't see the connection between @Entity and @AnalyzerDefs.
How does you library look like and what do you want to provide. Can you provide
an example. Does your library contain an indexed type? Are you using Search in
conjunction with ORM?

> Currently, we created a dummy entity to be able to do so. The fact is
> that it creates a table in the database which is not very compelling.

Create a dummy class with @Indexed, or is that not working?

--Hardy