[hibernate-dev] [Search] Why is global @AnalyzerDefs scanning limited to @Entity?

Guillaume Smet guillaume.smet at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 08:46:59 EDT 2013

On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 2:35 PM, Hardy Ferentschik <hardy at hibernate.org> wrote:
> Again, I still don't see the connection between @Entity and @AnalyzerDefs.
> How does you library look like and what do you want to provide. Can you provide
> an example. Does your library contain an indexed type? Are you using Search in
> conjunction with ORM?

Yes, I do use ORM. Well, the only connection is that if I add an
@Entity annotation, it works. If I don't, it doesn't.

But I agree with you that I would prefer no connection at all :).

>> Currently, we created a dummy entity to be able to do so. The fact is
>> that it creates a table in the database which is not very compelling.
>
> Create a dummy class with @Indexed, or is that not working?

No, it doesn't. My point is that @AnalyzerDefs discovery is tied up to
having an @Entity annotation on the class. At least, when you have ORM
in the way.

I tested with:
- @Indexed -> doesn't work
- @MappedSuperClass -> doesn't work
- @Entity without @Indexed -> works like a charm

I haven't looked at the code yet, I asked the question before digging
too much into it.

--
Guillaume