[hibernate-dev] Why Hibernate 4.2.x should receive more updates

Marc Schipperheyn m.schipperheyn at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 12:58:23 EDT 2014

Fair enough. It's a shame though. Like it or not, there are tons of people
using Spring and I'm guessing the vast majority will not be on 4.0 any time
soon, even though they might want to. So, this will certainly impact the
uptake of Hibernate latest version (including the amount of bug reports
against the newer version you will receive which will indirectly impact
quality etc). I was suggesting that it might make "business sense" to keep
the support but I totally understand the need to optimize the use of
resources.