[hibernate-dev] Reflite

Hardy Ferentschik hardy at hibernate.org
Tue Jun 3 06:51:15 EDT 2014

On 2 Jan 2014, at 18:36, Steve Ebersole <steve at hibernate.org> wrote:

> 1) What do you think of the split in JavaTypeDescriptor into distinct
> sub-contracts?  For example, the split between say ClassDescriptor and
> InterfaceDescriptor?

Didn’t we have this discussion before. If I remember correctly you were the one who favoured the
current model. What made you change your mind.

> TBH, I am starting to rethink that one.  What about
> primitive versus non-primitive descriptors?  Etc…

Unfortunately, I did not actually write code against the API yet, so I don’t have any concrete experience.
On paper it looks good to me. But it seems you encountered something which creates an itch?

> 2) Overall what do you think about the API itself?

for what i have seen and what we discussed, it is the way to go. I can see me using this type of model
in other Hibernate projects as well.

—Hardy