[hibernate-dev] Trying Hibernate 5.0.0.Beta1

Petar Tahchiev paranoiabla at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 03:59:07 EDT 2015

Wow, that's interesting. When I set the hbm2ddl-auto property to *create*,
then I get a lot of these:

2015-04-06 10:35:14,243 org.hibernate.tool.hbm2ddl.SchemaExport [main]
ERROR: HHH000389: Unsuccessful: alter table abstract_order drop constraint
FKqmp2kh2yeov0xhpk0heyrxg6q
2015-04-06 10:35:14,243 org.hibernate.tool.hbm2ddl.SchemaExport [main]
ERROR: user lacks privilege or object not found: PUBLIC.ABSTRACT_ORDER
2015-04-06 10:35:14,243 org.hibernate.tool.hbm2ddl.SchemaExport [main]
ERROR: HHH000389: Unsuccessful: alter table abstract_order drop constraint
FKni48bu7u20jisn95bc32ssqbm

but then it all seems to work fine. However, if I set it up to *update* it
throws the "BIG PROBLEM" in the SchemaMigratorImpl as I explained above.
This is a different behaviour than Hibernate 4.3.x and i'm not sure if it
is bug or maybe the update value has been deprecated...