[hibernate-dev] OGM cassandra backend

Jonathan Halliday jonathan.halliday at redhat.com
Mon Apr 13 07:12:14 EDT 2015

The first part of the cassandra backend work is ready for review. I've
backed out the incomplete association support, leaving the basic
framework for the backend module with enough functionality to support
entities that don't have relations. It's still larger than an average
PR, but the module design follows an established pattern so it shouldn't
cause too much problem.

Unfortunately the plugin that runs cassandra embedded is a bit stale and
won't play nice with the newer cassandra release that is required for
some bug fixes. Until it catches up, you (and the CI cluster) will need
to bring up a db server manually before running the tests. Fortunately
it's not hard:

http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi?path=/cassandra/2.1.4/apache-cassandra-2.1.4-bin.tar.gz

untar, then run  bin/cassandra -f

I has intended to roll straight into the association support
functionality whist the PR on this first part was being reviewed, but I
think I'll context switch to some infinispan stuff and return to OGM
aligned with the next sprint starting in a couple of weeks.

Jonathan.

Directors: Michael Cunningham (USA), Matt Parson
(USA), Charlie Peters (USA), Michael O'Neill(Ireland)